Before starting an aquaculture
operation of your own, there are certain fundamental steps that should
*Unless otherwise noted-most
of the documents below are in Adobe PDF
format. If you do not have Adobe Reader, you may download it for free
- Reviewing Individual Resources
- What are they? What do you have and require?
- Reviewing Land
- What is the layout? Is it zoned properly? Do you
have enough? What Permits will I need?
- Reviewing Employees
- Who are they? Are they willing to work with this
new venture? Salaries, benefits, etc.
- Evaluate Your Situation
- Are you ready to go into business? Is there room
in the market for your establishment? What gives your company an
'edge' over the competition? What additional computer equipment
and software will I need?
- Contact the Appropriate People
- Draft a Sound Business Plan
- A sound business plan is imperative if one is to
- What is your market? Who is your competition? What
will you raise?
- Evaluating Farm and Species Requirements
- What Type of Pond or Tank System is Best for Me
and What Type of Maintenance is Involved?
- Tank Circulation Systems
- Water Quality Management
- How to Appropriately Handle and Diagnose Diseases
- Predation by Natural Predators
- Harvesting and Processing
Be Sure to Check out the information on the NC
State Fish Barn. It includes Operations Manuals, Layouts, and much
Back | Top