Med Instead of Meds Free Online Class Starts in October!
More Instructors. More Social Interaction. More tools.
Med Instead of Meds is coming in October 2020! Some of the Family and Consumer Sciences Extension professionals from across the West District of North Carolina will join together to host an online series of the Med Instead of Meds program.
Eating the Med Way has been proven to protect against chronic illness. In some cases, eating the Med Way may even result in decreasing medications taken for blood pressure, high cholesterol, or diabetes.* Hence the name Med Instead of Meds. We are passionate about providing people with the information and tools needed to make delicious meals for themselves and their families. We, too, are on this journey with you to transform our eating to the Med Way.
When: Mondays from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
Session 1 October 12 Session 4 November 2
Session 2 October 19 Session 5 November 9
Session 3 October 26 Session 6 November 16
Here’s what you can expect:
- Learn 1 – 2 simple Med steps, including tips and hacks, each session.
- A wealth of knowledge from Extension professionals.
- More social interaction to share your successes and challenges, including a Facebook group with discussions.
- Med Way recipes with live cooking instruction.
- Tips to help you stay on track through the Holidays!
Each week class participants will meet on Mondays from 5:30 to 7 p.m. The format consists of:
- Weekly meetings via Zoom – includes presentation, live cooking demonstrations, and Q&A.
- Follow up emails with printable handouts, recipes, and links to recorded cooking demos.
- Offline challenges and activities within a closed Facebook group.
- Access to 5 Extension professionals to answer your questions about the Med Way.