Skip to main content

Logo for N.C. Cooperative Extension N.C. Cooperative Extension Homepage

Grower’s Certificate Information

en Español

El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.

Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.

English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.

Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.

Collapse ▲

Grower’s Certificates are maintained by N.C. Cooperative Extension, Haywood County Center to certify producers who are selling agricultural products grown in Haywood County. Local farmer’s markets or other sellers may ask for a Grower’s Certificate to show that your products are from Haywood County. They can also serve as a marketing piece for your local foods!

The process for 2024 is changing for obtaining your annual Grower’s Certificate. There are THREE parts to the process this year including:

  1. Submit an application to the Haywood County Cooperative Extension Office (in-person or online)
  2. Have a 15-to 30-minute farm visit by an Extension Agent to ensure that your local goods are grown in Haywood County
  3. Get your certificate via mail, email, or pick-up at the Extension Office

NEW ONLINE APPLICATION FOR 2024!  The online application can be filled out instead of a hard-copy application. If you would like to use a paper application, see the instructions below to access the PDF (for printing) or pick-up at the Extension Center.

Printable applications can be found online and need to be printed and brought by the office or mailed to: N.C. Cooperative Extension, Haywood County Center 589 Raccoon Rd., Suite 118 Waynesville, NC 28786. You can also get a copy at the Extension Center.

Your on-farm visit will be scheduled within two business days of your application being delivered to N.C. Cooperative Extension, Haywood County Center.

Getting your application in early is critical since we can not guarantee on-farm visits happening in the same week as the application is submitted.