2023 Haywood County Fair Poultry Show
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Standard, Bantam, Duck, Geese, Guinea and Turkey Show Schedule:
- All poultry MUST be blood tested Wednesday, September 27 between 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Poultry Show Judging will take place Friday, September 29 at 6 p.m.
- Poultry Show will take place Saturday, September 30 from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Birds will be released Saturday, September 30th at 6 p.m.
- Poultry Registration fees will be $2 per entry.
- Payment will be collected when you bring birds to be blood tested on Wednesday, September 27.
- Register Online!
- For any questions regarding the poultry show, contact Joshua Justice at firstname.lastname@example.org
Exhibitor Rules and Regulations:
- The competition is open to all North Carolina residents.
- Youth that are 5 and under can exhibit as non-competitive. They will receive ribbons only, no premium payout.
- Entries are limited to 5 chickens per breed per exhibitor.
- Birds will be entered in single classes only.
- All birds will be cared for and fed by the fair, cages and food/water cups are provided.
- Fair management reserves the right to interpret, amend, or add to these rules.
- All birds must be entered in the name of the bona fide owner, who must have owned the birds for at least 60 days prior to deadline.
- All birds are entered at the risk of the owner, and the Haywood County Fair will not be responsible for any loss or damage, but will exercise all possible vigilance in the care of the birds. No one will be allowed to handle birds on display except the owners and officials of the show.
- The American Standard of Perfection will be the guide of the judges in awarding premiums.
- The decision of the judges will be final, and no appeal will be considered.
- No exhibitor may accompany judges during their deliberations except such attendants as are necessary to handle and show livestock and other such exhibits. Any exhibitor attempting to interfere with adjudication, or who publicly expresses disapproval of the decision of the judges, will be excluded from further competition and any premiums previously won will be forfeited.
- No single-entry class will be judged. Single entry classes will be moved to the “Any Other” breed Class.
- Fraud or deception as to breeding, or in any other form, will be exposed and exhibitor guilty of such violation will be excluded from further participation in the fair and all premiums previously won will be forfeited.
- The right is reserved and will be used to reject entries received after all available space is taken, even if this occurs before specified time for closing entries.
- This is an exhibition show and is NOT a sanctioned APA or ABA event.
- Classes may be combined or separated at the discretion of the Department Committee.
- Judging assignments are not made until the day of the show.
- Judges will use the latest American Standard of Perfection. Judges may withhold prizes if birds are not of sufficient merit.
- Any person who interferes with judges will forfeit all premiums. The decision of the judges will be final.
- After the judging, exhibitors can place any advertising material, by the exhibitor, with his/her coop.
- A Champion and a Reserve Champion will be awarded for Standard Chicken, Bantam Chicken, Duck, Geese, Guinea, and Turkey.
- All bird entries will be presented for examination (including blood test and swabs) to a representative of the NCDA & CS Veterinary Division before being placed in the show.
- All chicken entries will originate from U.S. pullorum‐typhoid clean or equivalent flocks or have a negative pullorum‐typhoid test within 90 days of admission to the fair. The test requirements may be satisfied by a negative test conducted by a representative of the NCDA & CS Veterinarian Division at the time birds are brought to the fair.
- All birds must be identified with numbered tamper‐proof bands. Bands placed on birds tested at the fairgrounds by a representative of the NCDA & CS Veterinarian Division will satisfy the requirement. The Health Regulations of the Veterinary Division of the N.C. Department of Agriculture will be strictly enforced. Be sure to read these under “Rules & Regulations of the Livestock Division” before entering. Animals cannot be unloaded until checked in.
- No poultry shall have received a live virus vaccine within 45 days prior to entering the fair. It is recommended that all birds be vaccinated for laryngotracheitis with a modified live virus vaccine at least 45 days and not more than one year before the show.
- Birds will not be accepted which are showing any clinical signs of an infectious or communicable disease or are infected with lice and/or mites.
- All poultry exhibited at the Haywood County Fair shall have been in the possession of the exhibitor for 60 days prior to the deadline. Exhibitors will fill out the entry form completely.
- Coops used in transporting live birds to the fair shall not be allowed inside the exhibit tent.