Enroll or Re-Enroll in 4-H for 2021
North Carolina 4-H has more than 263,000 youth, and 15,000 adult volunteers, who are involved in 4-H experiences each year and we are pleased that you have decided to join 4-H! Here is some information about our enrollment process and how we need your partnership in getting your enrollment entered and approved. All participation records change to an inactive status on December 31st of each year. The NC 4-H Program runs on a calendar year. Open enrollment for youth and adult volunteers begins in mid-January and continues throughout the year.
Did you know?
- To participate in most NC 4-H programs youth must have an “active” status in 4-HOnline. *Some exceptions have been made for participants in “virtual” programs due to COVID-19.
- Youth who wish to compete (county, district, state & national levels) in any 4-H program must have an “active” status in 4-HOnline.
- Adult volunteers are required to be screened every three years. The screening process can take up to two weeks.
- To serve as a 4-H volunteer you must have an “active” status in 4-HOnline.
- A youth that turns 5 after January 1stmust wait until the following program year to enroll (4-H age is based on the youth’s age as of Jan. 1st)
About 4-HOnline 2.0
- 4-HOnline is the official NC 4-H online system for youth and adult members and participants with 4-H.
- 4-HOnline is a partnership between the 4-H Family, the local 4-H program and the State 4-H Office.
- 4-HOnline is a secured system that is in compliance with the PCI Security Standards Council. NC 4-H nor 4-HOnline shares or sells any personal information to third party vendors without knowledge or permission.
- 4-HOnline is based on “Zero-based enrollment.” Each year at the start of the enrollment cycle all4-H membership in NC goes to zero and everyone must re-enroll. This process is based on federal accounting policies
To enroll or re-enroll go to NC 4-HOnline. Resources to help your family enroll or re-enroll are located at the bottom of the page. For help contact, Coley Bartholomew, at email@example.com or call 828-456-3575.